Journal #18 -Changes

            I mean no offense to our beloved Castle Park High school, but two ideas that I would change to benefit everyone would be to stop the special ED "recycling program" and our trash issue. In short I deem it wrong for our school to exploit them in order to raise funds, when other students could be doing the same task for community service. This way Trojans will both clean up the trash in our school and earn some hours for graduation.
            Every day in at least one of my classes I see one of the special ED students walk in and politely ask if he or she can take the bottles and cans away, but why? I understand that the money they raise goes to dances for their best buddies club, and that it is likely that such task is preparing them for their future job as janitor or alike, but us, the students, could do tasks and raise the money for dances. I wouldn't make it mandatory for my fellow Trojans like the school has for the special ED, but I would convince our school's power to offer community service to do so. In truth, the students who plan on going to college and Universities need the community service hours; however, the special ED don't. Before school ends and life hits them, they should be free or at least trying to catch up the rest of us.
             I never thought that the trash seen on our campus would ever increase, but it has. I'm not certain if it's because of the new freshman class or if all of our students have become lazy. Still, why put away till next week (or months in our case) for what can be done today. Even though budget cuts have affected our school I suggest we gather some of that money and offer it as a bribe to the students to clean up trash. With the cash we could hire some sort of recreational event for the students in exchange for assistance of preventing more trash lying around everywhere.
               I admit that there are a few more problems residing in our school, but most of them have become insignificant when considering that our school has ditched the “program improvement” title, as well as the Best CAHSEE scores in the district. Before we challenge those upsets we must and should first tackle the Special ED and trash ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment