Journal #3 -Enlgish power

                The greatest weapon given to me from school has been my new profound academic vocabulary. My diction has grown to such a degree since freshmen year that it is nearly possible for me turn any essay, into a pedantic one. Utilizing in school is nice, but speaking the same outside of school is impressive. Countless times I have spoken with adults and officials who look down on me, constantly trivializing me with their condescending tones. In return I also talk the talk and sound academic.
               It’s more of a minor self-goal but I’m encouraging adults to understand that our generation is not full of texting, Facebook, pot-smoking teenagers, and other frivolous accusations. Beyond that goal it always feels enthralling to assert such mesmerizing diction for any purpose. Then there’s the whole intellectual image that’s always invigorating to construct.

No comments:

Post a Comment