Journal #8 –JUST DO IT


               The quote is short, but it’s got sort of a flare to it, it’s “JUST DO IT”- Nike. Since my youth I grew up with the ideal of “just wing it” –Gus, I would always wait till there was 6 minutes until school started just so I could dash over there from my house for the excitement. In school the same, purposely procrastinate in order to see my true abilities under pressure. So when Nike’s quote entered my world around freshman year I quickly followed. Something about the underlying manhood draws me in, then how it suits any occasion. On a run a hill appears and as you’re running up that beauty you get tired, so tired. Then you push and push till, you’ve just done it. The quote simply feels right, even better one clutch’s there fist and yells it at any challenger.
               If it hasn’t been obvious the quote reveals an ironic “Manhood strength” image when compared to my normally jolly self. Sure I love fooling around, but you just got to go for it. Don’t wait, it’s never to late, no excuses, live it up! All these quotes from Nike evoke power, in anyone. The only quote ever to surpass just do it, is Nike’s advanced version: “Every Damn day, Just do it”  

No comments:

Post a Comment